Role: Production Co-ordinator, Blue Peter
Dates August 2023 - May 2024
Base: MediaCity, Salford (Hybrid)
Working Pattern: Job share working 3 days per: Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday (Maternity Cover)
Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
Kids & Family, BBC Studios
The Kids & Family team in BBC Studios is committed to offering the best cross-platform and on-demand service for all UK children, providing a trusted environment which is enriching, enabling and relevant to the under 16's. Our content seeks to entertain, inform and empower children, adding real value to their lives.
Blue Peter Badge Team
The Blue Peter Badge team sits within the Blue Peter production team, and is responsible for replying to every piece of correspondence which we receive from our audience (aged 5 to 15 years). The 80,000 items which we receive annually include letters, uploader applications and emails, as well as competition entries.
The Correspondence Team Coordinator (Production Coordinator) supports the Production Manager in ensuring the smooth operation of the badge team, which is made up of the Coordinator and a number of Correspondence Assistants.
Experience of television production coordination is not essential for this role however as this role deals with the audience on a daily basis, customer focused experience will be highly valued.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Excellent written communication skills with strong English spelling and grammar
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience of working with and/or communicating with children (together with parents/general audience requests) including sometimes sensitive issues
- Negotiating with and purchasing from suppliers using BBC systems
- Strong numeracy skills with the ability to collate and interpret statistics
- Sound judgement and ability to identify potential child protection issues, referring up when necessary
- Training junior members of the team – the post-holder will be required to train new members of the team effectively, overseeing their work until they’re confident in the letter writing role
Knowledge, Skills, Training & Experience
- Experience of scheduling a small team
- Experience of database systems desirable
- Ability to liaise with the editorial teams on Blue Peter regarding potential contributors
- Knowledge of BBC Children’s content desirable
- Knowledge of iSite desirable but not essential