About the company
Kudos is one of the world’s leading television production companies. We are a team of individuals – passionate programme makers who specialise in scripted content. We work with the best global talent to create, develop and produce popular, innovative, award-winning drama and comedy series, and our track record includes era-defining hits from Spooks to Life on Mars.
About this role
- To be the central point of reference for script development within the Kudos team; providing administrative and editorial support on a day-to-day basis.
- Managing the diaries for the Head of Developments in London and Manchester.
- Finding new and exciting talent, ideas that could sit on the Kudos Development slate.
- Manage diaries for the Head of Development; organising meetings, booking theatre tickets, preparing information packs, booking rooms, restaurants and arranging any travel and hospitality required.
- Log and acknowledge all material received by the department via an effective database system. Ensure all material is read and reported on, either by you, external readers or a member of the development team.
- Ensure all submissions to Kudos are responded to within a reasonable timeframe.
- Provide varied editorial support for the team as requested; this will include script reports and synopses, script breakdowns, book reports, research packs, proof reading, formatting scripts and creating front pages.
- Update and maintain the department’s development slate. Maintain a log of all material submitted to broadcasters.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with agents and writers, ensuring that new talent –- is brought to the attention of the development team.
- Undertake availability checks for writers and book rights.
- Keep the editorial team informed of upcoming plays and festivals.
- Keep up to date with channel developments and taking notes at commissioning briefings.
- Make script amendments on Final Draft.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations and pitches when necessary.
- General administrative duties including photocopying and binding scripts, copying DVD’s, screening phone calls, meeting and greeting visitors, arranging hospitality for meetings - including drinks and lunch orders, and organise couriers and cars as required by the department.
- Proven administrative experience within a busy office environment.
- Proven experience of exercising editorial judgement on drama scripts within the television, film, radio or theatre industries.
- Must love TV drama, watch a wide range of content and be able to talk about the strengths and weaknesses of different programmes.
- Have a desire to unearth and champion diverse talent.
- Experience of working in a TV, film, theatre or agenting environment.
- Excellent working knowledge of Final Draft & Excel.
- Strong English language / grammar skills; an ability to communicate clear editorial notes with tact and sensitivity.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Proven ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- Promote and maintain excellent communication – dealing with matters effectively, efficiently and politely.
- Produce work of a high quality that is checked prior to it leaving the department.
- Exhibit excellent communication and listening skills and exercise discretion and good judgement when dealing with confidential matters.
- Have a knowledge and passion of drama and use that passion to unlock creativity and ultimately bring and develop new ideas. Experience of working directly with writers is also desirable.
- Experience of using own initiative, working under pressure and to deadlines
- Have an enthusiastic attitude towards your work and the desire to work through difficulties that may occur.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and are committed to taking positive action to improve diversity within our industry.