Remarkable part of ESUK are now looking for a full time editor to work in-house and help bring new ideas to life. Working with the Factual and Entertainment development teams, you’ll be cutting high quality promos and teasers with stylish graphics and effects, demonstrating the scale and global potential of an idea.
Tasks may include:
· Cutting promos, sizzles and taster tapes for entertainment and factual ideas – it could be anything from a new primetime talent show to a landmark factual series
· Longer form ‘proof of concept’ tapes for shows with development funding
· Putting together talent reels
· Helping out on edits for commissioned shows
· Cutting content for digital platforms and social – from Facebook teasers for upcoming shows to VR experiences to standalone ideas tailor made for online
· Editing podcasts
The ideal candidate would:
•Have extensive experience in editing a wide variety of television genres
•Be a self-sufficient producer/editor able to turn an idea + rough script (or even just a treatment) and bring it to life in a visually stunning, high-quality 90 second edit – from sourcing the clips to finding the music and creating titles and vfx appropriate to the idea
•Be able to ‘punch up’ existing tapes or rough cuts assembled by others, using clever transitions, gfx and sfx to make ideas stand out
•Be proficient on Premiere Pro, After Effects and Photoshop (though we may be able to accommodate FCP / Avid for the right candidate)
•Be able to source high quality clips and finding the perfect music tracks to fit the ideas
Contract would be for an initial 3 month period with a view to extending longer term.