Contract type: 12 Months FTC
We are really proud to share that we are a Level 2 Disability Confident Employer and so if you require any reasonable adjustments in order to apply please do contact us with ref: BBC/TP/2373779/61548 in the subject.
We advertise all our roles on Evenbreak, the specialist job board for disabled candidates.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
BBC Studios is a powerhouse of bold British television content, leading the way in creative storytelling, known and celebrated around the world for the quality of its programs. Launched as a wholly-owned subsidiary of the BBC in 2018, merging with the commercial and distribution arm BBC Worldwide, BBC Studios works with customers around the world in generating financial returns for license fee payers. It generates revenues of £1.4bn and returns over £200 million annually to the BBC Group.
Working with the best British writers, directors and program-makers, BBC Studios champions British creativity, crafting over 2500 hours of content every year through seven production bases in the UK and production bases and partnerships in a further nine countries around the world. And that’s not all. BBC Studios are a committed partner to the UK’s thriving independent production community, as well as other broadcasters and digital platforms, delivering content that showcases the best of British talent, stamped with the hallmark of quality.
BBC Studios is the most awarded Production Company and the biggest independent producer in the UK. One of its foremost production hubs is seeking a skilled Talent Executive to help discover and nurture key creative talent for some of its best loved shows produced from its Bristol base.
- The Factual Entertainment and Events team produces a wide range of original, well-loved and highly acclaimed TV productions, such as Countryfile, Top Gear, Antiques Roadshow, Gardeners World, DIY SOS, The One Show, Nigella, Festival of Remembrance and many high profile Royal Documentaries. The unit is continuously pitching and winning new business around the world.
The Talent team which supports that business provides a top class recruitment search and outreach function for all the content delivered from BBC Studios. The Talent team forms part of the HR service, working directly with program-makers to find & attract the best and most inclusive talent in the business.
We are currently looking for a Talent Executive with a strong knowledge of the UK broadcast TV and content production market, with particular focus on the talent pool in and around Bristol to join the team on a twelve month fixed term basis. This role is particularly focused on editorial production recruitment for a range of programming, including; Countryfile, Top Gear, Antiques Roadshow, Gardeners World, The Chelsea Flower show, DIY SOS, Nigella and programs currently in production as well as to support with sourcing for development.
The ideal candidate will not only have a background in content production but will understand how to apply and source a fully inclusive off screen talent drive to support the productions, both on a forward planned and fast turnaround basis.
- Work closely with the business to understand and share knowledge about the external talent market, ensuring the long term needs of the business are known and shared.
- Work with the leadership team to support the strategic planning of talent, aligning it with the business plan for each genre.
- Create and maintain relationships with inclusive organizations and individuals who promote diversity within the television industry. This could include mentoring, networking, representing Studios at industry events and creating our own.
- Sourcing and engaging talent and continue talent mapping
- Collaboration across the HR division and business with a creative approach to problem solving.
- Collaborate with others on the recruiting team on initiatives and/or projects as required
- To own the day-to-day relationships with all key client stakeholders who interact with this area of specialism.
- Support the division or functional team by ensuring recruitment and HR guidelines and approvals processes are known and understood by all.
- Managing the end to end hire from engagement through to offer stage, working closely with HR to support the approvals process and business cases where appropriate.
Are you the right candidate?
- A background in content production for broadcast television either to Producer level in editorial or Production Manager level in production management
- An existing network/prior experience of tracking off-screen talent – this is critical to the role. Ideally you will have knowledge and experience of the following areas: short form film making, presenter led popular factual and self-shot longform documentaries.
- The ability to excite candidates about the roles you are recruiting and the ability to excite hiring managers about candidates.
- A passion and enthusiasm for diversity & inclusion
- A fascination with television and extensive market knowledge of the British broadcasting industry.
- Proven experience in full cycle recruiting at all levels for a non-scripted, production-focused environment
- Creative skills in being able to identify talent requirements from production briefs or hiring Manager briefings
- Experience of working with key individuals, influencing and supporting, in order to deliver to strategic objectives.
- Experience negotiating rates and understanding budgetary requirements of productions
- Demonstrable ability to be detail-oriented, and have strong organizational skills.
- Experience of meeting deadlines and juggling several projects and tasks in a fast paced, constantly changing production environment.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills with a good understanding of production requirements.