Company Production Manager (maternity cover)
Optomen Television is looking for an experienced Production Manager to work 4 days per week from mid-July for 9 months maternity cover.
This is a great opportunity for someone to be involved in all aspects of production from commission to delivery. You will be responsible for fully supporting both the Development department and the Production Management department as well as acting as the main point of contact for Production Managers on productions.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the development team and managing multiple development budgets
- Managing the start-up of productions prior to the team being on board from staffing and freelancer rate negotiations, to contracting, scheduling and setting up production insurance
- Picking up programme close downs once PM leaves to ensure complete clear up and that all deliverables are completed to the required standard for both UK and International Programmes
- Key point of liaison with international distributor for delivery of programmes
- Talent searches as required for productions and developments including editors, crew and production staff and maintain database
- Managing Optomen’s Talent Websites and having an in depth understanding of how they work in order to make full use of the sites and explain to others.
- Main point of contact for setting up productions on Albert and monitoring their progress
- Setting up freelancers with training schemes both within the company and externally
- Drafting development and production schedules and budgets
The ideal candidate must have the following experience and skillset:
- Excellent planning skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Highly organised and able to juggle the demands of a busy development team and/or production
- A confident problem solver
- Calm under pressure
- Knowledge of PMI is advantageous but training can be given
- Ability to multi-task and work across several productions at a time
- Keen negotiator
- knowledge of Silvermouse and delivery paperwork
At Optomen our people are at the heart of everything we do and it is vital that our workforce reflects our audience, and the wider society. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, valuing inclusivity, and we actively seek candidates from diverse backgrounds and really welcome applications from all sections of the community.